On this page:
- Mac computer with an Intel processor
- 1 GB RAM or higher
- Minimum 300 MB of free disk space (500 MB recommended)
- Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8 or later
- Mac OS X Lion 10.7 or later
- Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later
|Note: Spirion (formerly Identity Finder) is configured for MIT business computers and links them to the Spirion Console.|
|If you have an older version of Spirion (formerly Identity Finder) acquired from MIT installed on your computer, you do not need to remove it before you upgrade. The newer version will install over the older version.|
- Download Spirion (formerly Identity Finder).
- Double-click the downloaded file.
Result: The Spirion .pkg file appears:
- Open the Spirion .pkg file.
Result: The installer launches:
- Click Continue.
Result: A warning message to restart after installation appears:
- Click Continue Installation.
Result: The standard install screen appears:
- Click Install.
Result: You are prompted for your name and password:
- Enter your name and password, and select Install Software. Installation occurs.
Result: Success is announced when completed:
- Select Close. Open the Applications folder:
- Select Spirion (formerly Identity Finder).
Result: If you are using Spirion for the first time you are prompted for an Spirion (formerly Identity Finder) Profile Password, otherwise see step 10 below.
Enter the password, confirm it, click OK:
Do not forget this password! If forgotten you will not be able to log into Spirion. For help with forgotten Spirion passwords, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Skip this step if you have taken step 9). Select Spirion from the Applications folder.
Result: If you have been using Spirion and have an earlier version installed on your computer, you are prompted for your existing Spirion Profile password.
Enter the password, click OK.
- For both steps 9 and 10, after entering the password, the application opens.
For instructions on using Spirion, see Using Spirion (formerly Identity Finder) on Macs.