|This page contains internal material for Help Staff. The public facing documentation is here: Access Skillsoft training - Self-help guide.|
BEFORE ASSISTING WITH JAVA PLUG-IN INSTALL OR UPGRADE, ask whether user has local IT support
- Users with local IT support should consult with their support provider before installing or upgrading Java.
- Local applications may require specific Java versions.
- Discuss need to keep Java updated, in order to avoid security risks.
- If there is a DITR contract, there is a judgement call involved in terms of whether the Call Center should offer immediate assistance, or if it will be better to wait for DITR on site.
Factors to consider:
- Would the user prefer to access the training more quickly, or to wait for their DITR consultant?
- How easy will it be for the user to test their certificate, turn off popup blocker, and join a Bomgar session in order to upgrade Java, and enable Java in the browser?
- Does the user have a clear knowledge of what other Java applications are on the machine and the versions of Java that those applications need?
- For technically savvy users, self-help guide (this page) is available.