FSILG - How to perform maintenance on Netgear switches including reset password
Performing the initial setup:
- Go to the Netgear Download page: http://downloadcenter.netgear.com/ and search for your switch model number (GS748TP or GS724TP)
- Go to the download page to download the Netgear smartwizard utility
- Go to the Documentation section to view the Installation Guide
- Follow the steps in the installation guide to use the Netgear Smartwizard utility to configure the device. This utility requires Microsoft Windows.
- Don't forget to update the Date, Time and Timezone
Upgrading to the latest firmware
- Go to the download page to download the Netgear the latest firmware version and follow ALL instructions that are relevant for your hardware and current firmware version
Resetting administrator password
- There is a button on the switch to reset to factory defaults. Use this button to reset the device. This will clear all custom settings including the password.
- Follow the instructions above to perform the initial setup for this device and update the firmware