- How do I install Pharos on Mac OS X 10.9?
- Why don't I get the Pharos Popup on Mac OS X 10.9?
With the release of Mac OS X 10.9, Apple has stopped including a lot of printer drivers as part of Mac OS. To use Pharos to print to the printers on campus, you need to apply the HP Printer Software Update before you can print through Pharos.
- Follow the instructions at Install Pharos client on Mac OS X to install Pharos.
- Launch the App Store from the dock or System Preferences.
- Click on Updates.
- Apply the HP Printer Software Update.
- Try printing.
We have had at least one case of the automatic install of the HP printer driver package failing to install via Software Update. If automatic installation fails, the printer driver package is available for manual download at https://support.apple.com/kb/DL907