- Step 3 of the registration process will show you which approvers the request will be routed to. Different event types have different approval criteria. The approval process is sequential. An event will not be available for approval in an approver's inbox until it is reviewed and approved by approvers from the preceding steps. Your event status will display on the My Events page.
- Approvers will receive email notifications of the event pending his/her approval. Each approver has a back up approver that receives the same request You can contact the approvers directly. Their contact detail is provided in the application (Step 3 of the registration process or on the event details page).
- If you submitted an event that now requires a change requested by an approver, you will receive a notification email prompting you for your action. Your event will now display in "My Events" with an "Action is required" status. You can make the requested and additional changes and resubmit for approval.
- The Event Approval Inbox can be accessed from the Atlas Full Catalog. It can also be added to your Atlas menu. For more information on building the Atlas menu, please see How do I Build My Atlas Menu?
- In the Event Approval Inbox, approve events Awaiting Approval. You can show the following categories of events:
Pending Other Approval
Returned to Planner
- If you are an approver and you reject an event, you will find it under "Events Returned to Planner."
- You will receive notifications for both approvals and cancellations for events you are an approver for.
The Event Approval Inbox is a distinct Atlas menu item, separate from Event Planning.
Back to Atlas Event Planning FAQs