- Event Planning is part of the Atlas default menu. It can also be accessed from the Atlas Full Catalog. For more information on the Atlas menu, please see How do I Build My Atlas Menu?
NEW FEATURE: The Event host can be changed at any time during the approval process by planner, co-planner, or current host. The previous host will be notified by email that they are no longer the host of the event. The current host will receive an email. If the previous host already confirmed, the current host will not have to confirm that he/she will be the host of the event. The event will continue being routed for approval.
- Anyone with a KERBEROS ID can use the Digital Events Application including students, faculty members, staff members, and affiliates.
- When you register an event, the system determines if approval is required based on the information provided.
- Rules for event planning have not changed. For more detail on event registration review the online course, Event Planning 101, or contact the offices below:
Student Activities Office
MIT Events & Information Center
Residential Life & Dining
201 Vassar Street
Cambridge, MA 02139
General Office Number: (617) 253-2404
General Office Fax: (617) 258-8163
- If you exit the registration process, your event entry will be saved in draft form and will be under Future Events - Still Editing.
- A Host and a Planner can be the same person. The Host must attend the event for the whole time and cannot consume alcohol.
- You do not need to select a Co-Planner. A Co-planner is helpful when you have multiple planners planning the same event. Co-planners can change the event before it is submitted for approval and will be notified of approval or return. More than 10 co-planners can be added to an event.
- Up to 8 rooms can be added to an event. Please remember that if you have one confirmation from the room coordinator for multiple rooms, you only need to specify one room in the 'digital event registration' as long as you attach the confirmation information for all the rooms.
- A submitted event cannot be changed unless it is returned for editing. To change a submitted event, Cancel the event that was routed for approval and Clone it.
- You can clone (copy) any event you have access to. You can register a recurring event and note the event schedule.
Back to Atlas Event Planning FAQs