You got an error message when trying to sign up for MIT Dropbox
You try to sign up for MIT Dropbox , and start at https://dropbox.mit.edu/,
After clicking on the agree and next buttons, it leads to a page stating that
This can mean a few possible things:
- You might have already joined the MIT team in the past, but forgotten that you already joined.
- You might have requested an invitation email, but did not finish joining Dropbox using the invitation.
- Your MIT email address is associated with a personal or business Dropbox account.
To check to see if you are already joined to MIT's Dropbox:
- Go to https://www.dropbox.com/.
- Try to sign in with your MIT email address (email@example.com) and no password (blank, empty).
- If it takes you through Touchstone login and successfully logs in, you are already on the MIT Dropbox team.
If you cannot log into the MIT team, you may have a unused Dropbox invitation in your email.
- Search your email for a message from dropbox.com, inviting you to join Dropbox for Business.
- Click the button that says "Join the MIT Team".
- If you cannot find the email, you can contact the IS&T, describe that you cannot find the Dropbox invitation, and request that another invitation be sent.
If you are using your MIT email for a personal or business Dropbox, you'll need to change the address associated with that account before joining the MIT team.
- Log into your personal or business account and edit "Personal email" under account settings.
If the above steps do not work:
- Backup all the files in Dropbox onto a thumb drive.
- Go to dropbox.com and deleted your personal dropbox, which
removes everything from your dropbox folder on my machine.
- Reconnected your MIT email to the Enterprise Dropbox.
- Upload the files from thumb drive into the MIT Dropbox
directory that was created on your machine.
- Change the directory to "online only".
- You should now see all files on your Enterprise account.