Personal certificates are your key to secure web services at MIT, such as Benefits, Request Tracker, ECAT, Roles, Atlas, and WebSIS. MIT personal web certificates are set to expire periodically. In order renew your MIT personal certificate onto your iOS device, you first need to remove the existing personal certificate profile. Attempting to renew the certificate without removing the old certificate may prompt the following error. "The original profile has a different signature than the replacement profile. Installation is not permitted."
Use the below instructions to remove the old personal certificate profile.
- Navigate to Settings > General.
- Scroll to the bottom of this list, there should be a button for Profiles. Select Profiles.
- On the following page you should see two MIT certificate profiles listed, one should be the "MIT Root Certificate" and the other is your personal certificate which will have your name listed on it. Select your personal certificate.
- On the following screen you will see the details of your personal certificate along with a red Delete Profile button. Click Delete Profile.
At this point you will be prompted to enter your passcode. Once entered, a confirmation message stating Deleting this profile will change settings on your device. Click Delete.
- You have successfully removed your personal certificate. If you wish to re-install your personal certificate or were doing this as part of a certificate renewal, follow these instructions.