Configure Outlook 2013 and 2016 for Windows to add an account for MIT Exchange Email and Calendaring
If you do not already have a copy of Outlook, you can obtain it with the rest of Office from the IS&T Software grid.
- Open Outlook.
Result: If this is the first time you're opening Outlook, you are asked if you want to set up your account.
- Choose Next. If you weren't prompted to set up your inbox, click on the File button then Add Account.
Result: The Auto Account Setup window opens.
- Enter as follows:
- Your Name: Firstname Lastname
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Password: your MIT account password
- Click Add Account
Result: Outlook discovers your account settings and displays them.
- Click Finish to close the "Add Account" window.
Your email may take some time to initially download if you have a lot stored on the server.