On this page:
|You may need to change your Kerberos password|
To use Citrix, your Kerberos password cannot be more than three years old. If your password exceeds this age limit, you need to change your Kerberos password
- Drag Applications > Citrix ICA Client folder into the trash.
- Drag userhome > Library > Preferences > Citrix ICA Client into the trash.
- Check if the following folder exists: Macintosh HD > Library > Preferences > Citrix ICA Client.
If it exists, move it to the Trash.
- Download the Citrix Receiver client for Mac, available from the; Citrix Receiver and click Download. Note: this will take you to Citrix's website to download the latest installer.
- When prompted, choose to Save the installer. Depending on your browser settings, the file may download without showing you this dialog box.
- On a Mac computer, the .dmg file appears in the Mac Downloads folder. Click the folder and then select the CitrixReceiverWeb.dmg file. When prompted, click Install Citrix Receiver.
- Follow the instructions provided by the Receiver Installer.
- Once installed, continue with Using Citrix to access applications from your Mac.
- Navigate in your web browser, with certificates, to http://citrixapps.mit.edu.
With the Citrix Receiver client successfully installed, you should see the Citrix StoreFront logon prompt.
- Enter your Kerberos username (portion of your MIT email address before the @mit.edu).
- Enter your Kerberos password (password used to check your MIT email).
Result: Applications available from the MIT Citrix servers are displayed.
NOTE: If you see a prompt to Download the Citrix Receiver client, but it's already installed, choose Already Installed from the links on the right.
- Click the icon for your selected application.
To access applications via Citrix from off-campus locations or from a private subnet, you will need to connect to the MIT VPN (Virtual Private Network) before connecting to Citrix.
See: VPN at MIT
IS&T has upgraded its Citrix servers. The new servers are available at http://citrixapps.mit.edu, and the updated Citrix Receiver is needed.
Please note that the new servers do not allow for stored launch.ica files. You'll need to access the applications by navigating to http://citrixapps.mit.edu.
Off campus users will need to first connect to the MIT VPN. More information about the MIT VPN is available at:http://ist.mit.edu/vpn
I hope this helps to clarify. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any additional questions. Would you also please let us know if this resolves the issue for you?