- Running Avast anti-virus/security software
- Obtained certificate manually or with Certaid with no error messages/obvious issues
- Certificate Test fails
- Certificate not valid error
Avast software (provided by some vendors with new hardware as well as for stand-alone purchase) can cause MIT Certificates to silently fail when being installed due to how Avast secures your local keychain (identity data storage) information.
- Turn off or uninstall Avast.
- Obtain certificates. IS&T strongly recommends using Certaid.
- Install Sophos Anti-Virus or turn back on Avast to protect your computer.
|IS&T Strongly recommends uninstalling any vendor-provided or third party security/anti-virus software and installing Sophos Anti-Virus. It is FREE to the MIT Community and has been tested with with MIT licensed software and services.|