To deploy software and other OS X settings, you first need to upload the software or script to the JSS and then create a deployment policy for it. To get started, log in to the JSS and ensure you have select "Full JSS" from the dropdown at the top.
Visit the Casper Tips and Tricks page for more deployment information.
- JAMF deprecated the JDS in late 2017, removing the ability to upload packages via the JSS. To upload a package please email a dropbox link to your package (in zip or dmg format) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a short description of what the package is.
- Select "Full JSS" from the dropdown. You cannot be in your site.
- Click on the gear on the top right of the screen, then Computer Management on the left.
- Click on scripts. Review list of already available scripts. If what you are looking for isn't there, click "New."
- Give it an appropriate descriptive name, such as "AwesomeScriptThatRemovesOldUsers."
- Assign it to the appropriate category for your site.
- Paste the contents of your script into the script tab.
- Click save. It takes about five minutes for the software to sync with the database before you can deploy it.
Deploy package or script
- Click on Computers at the top, then Policies. Click the + sign.
- Give it a name, such as "SoftwareName - VersionNumber Install"
- Assign a category.
- Assign a trigger, "recurring check-in" is recommended.
- If a package, select Packages on the left, then click Configure. Click "add" next to the appropriate software.
- If a script, select Scripts on the left, then click Configure. Click "add" next to the appropriate software.
- Select scope at the top. Either change the scope to "All Computers" or click "add" and add individual computers or a smart/static group.
- Click "save." The software or script will now install to all targeted machines the next time they check in to the JSS, within 30 minutes.
If you ave any questions, email email@example.com.