Composer can be used to build printer packages and software installers with snapshots. To use Composer follow these steps:
- Create a clean OS X VM. Take a snapshot.
- Copy Composer from the Casper folder on Dropbox to the desktop of your VM.
- Run Composer.
- Select "New."
- Select "Normal Snapshot" and click "Next."
- Name your package.
- Once the "Before" snapshot completes, install your package. This could be a printer driver or a software package.
- Once your install is complete, select "Convert to Source."
- Your package will then appear under "Sources" in the navigation pane.
- The contents will appear in the Composer window. Here you will remove any unwanted files from your installer package, such as autoupdater, third party tools, etc.
- Once complete, select "Build as PKG."
- Select the location to which you'd like to save the PKG.
- You can now install the package via a policy. If the package is a printer driver you will need to also use the printer installation script.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.