- Attachments aren't working with https://owa.mit.edu on Google Chrome's version 37 and later
- People click on "attach" in the "compose new message" window in OWA and nothing happens at all, not even an error message.
- Google has deprecated modal pop-ups in Chrome, as they've discussed here: http://blog.chromium.org/2014/07/disabling-showmodaldialog.html
- There's a third-party site with suggestions here: http://www.bugdebugzone.com/2014/08/sitecore-modal-pop-ups-are-not-working.html
- To get attachments to work, use a different browser for the time being.
We have found that if you check the box on the OWA login page "Use The Light Version of Outlook Web App", that you will be able to add attachments in Google Chrome.
|Not supported on Mac OS X|
The workaround of installing Silverlight to get modal popups in OWA is not supported on Mac OS X due to lack of Chrome support for Silverlight. See https://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/Get-Started/Install/Default.aspx for browser compatibility
One workaround is to use the Silverlight plugin, available at http://microsoft.com/silverlight
Once this plugin is installed, restart Chrome and go back to OWA.
Compose a new message and click the Attachment icon.
You should now see a small note at the top of the window about allowing a plugin.
Once you allow the Silverlight plugin, the attachment window should come up.